In today’s litigious atmosphere, professionals are often asked to be expert witnesses in civil suits or to simply provide services for mediations, arbitrations, and forensic investigations. While this can be a nerve-wracking experience, there are various techniques you can employ to become an effective expert witness.
Join Stormwater University for this on-demand, educational, two-part webinar as prolific speaker Dr. David T. Williams helps you understand what to expect when asked to participate in legal processes, how to prepare, and how to minimize your organization’s exposure to possible legal actions.
Most expert witness courses are taught by attorneys. Instead, Dr. Williams brings to the table practical, industry-related experience as an expert witness in more than 50 court and forensic actions. He will leverage the acumen he has gained to impart proper behavior to adhere to throughout the process, including ethical conduct, how to handle oneself under pressure, and the role of the expert witness as a non-advocate and servant of the court.
This course will enable you to represent yourself as a competent and knowledgeable expert witness who is in control, credible, and—most of all—unbiased.
Attendees can expect the discussion and education of the following learning objectives:
- Understand what paralegals look for in an expert witness
- Differentiate between a testifying expert and a consulting expert
- Ask important questions to the attorney when being retained as an expert witness
- Identify the critical aspects of a contract between the expert witness and the attorney
- Formulate Reports, Affidavits, and Declarations