The evolution of hydrology and hydraulic model simulation have come a long way. Each method has its own set of assumptions, challenges, and applications that an engineer should understand before recommending a process for a given project. But choosing the right methodology and modeling software can seem like a daunting task considering the amount of error in the various methods.
Join us as well-known speaker Andy Reese (PE, LEED AP, D. WRE) and modeling expert John Covey (PE, CFM) pull back the curtain on advanced hydrology and hydraulic modeling practices. Reese will provide insight into yesterday’s methods, while Covey will discuss the applications and challenges for the state-of-the-art methods of today, including two-dimensional techniques for watersheds, open channels, and stormwater systems.
We will open up pandora’s box of common misconceptions of the newest approaches and share foresight as to the direction of the model simulation industry related to urban stormwater systems and flood risk management.
Are the latest tools really better? Or perhaps do the latest tools just require us to be better at understanding a given method’s limitations? Come explore these questions with us!
By participating in this webinar, attendees will:
- Understand the place of models in engineering
- Explore the basic types of models and the key assumptions in each
- Know the risks in assuming accuracy and the types of errors in modeling
- Gain insight into the most popular models, their cutting-edge capabilities, and how to access them
Train Your Team
Get the whole team trained! We offer additional savings if you register as a group. For group pricing information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.
* Purchase of this course allows you access to the presentation(s) for 6 months from the order date.