PFOA and PFOS—together referred to as PFAS—are emerging contaminants with environmental impacts now being reported in the soil, air, and groundwater. The good news, however, is that they can be removed through techniques like granular activated carbon, ion exchange, and membrane processes.
Join us as returning speaker Dr. Viraj deSilva, Wastewater Treatment Director and National Liquids Management Expert at SCS Engineers, for this live, educational webinar in which we will compare the benefits, costs, and potential drawbacks of the various PFAS treatment options.
Dr. deSilva will present case studies of cost-effective, efficient, and established treatment processes on PFAS-contaminated sites and offer tips for managing PFAS waste generated by these cleanup efforts. He will also discuss ongoing research aimed at discovering innovative treatment methods.
Want more background on PFAS? Dr. deSilva’s Summer 2019 Forester University webinar entitled All About PFAS: Emerging Contaminants That Are Everywhere and colleague Dan Sola’s Winter 2019 course called PFAS: Managing an Unknown Future with Lessons from the Past are available on-demand!
By participating in this webinar, attendees will:
- Know what short- and long-chained PFAS are, why they exist, and where they are being used
- Learn the most popular methods of PFAS removal from wastewater
- Explore available technology that can reduce PFAS to less-than-detectable levels
- Analyze whether background water chemistry influences operation of these treatment processes
- Discover research that is being conducted to improve, manage, and treat PFAS waste
Train Your Team
Get the whole team trained! We offer additional savings if you register as a group. For group pricing information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentation may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.
* Purchase of this course allows you access to the presentation(s) for 6 months from the order date.