The practice of developing hydrology and hydraulic model simulations is a vital part of many engineering projects, and their calibration and validation are critical to ensure trust in the outcome of engineering designs. Incorrect calibration or the use of incorrect data for calibration can be costly to projects and our communities.
Each method has its own set of assumptions, challenges, and applications that an engineer should understand before recommending a process for a given project or application. But choosing the right methodology and modeling software can seem like a daunting task considering the amount of error in the various methods.
That’s where we come in! Join us for this educational webinar as well-known speaker and modeling expert John Covey (PE, CFM) discusses calibrating today’s advanced hydrology and hydraulic methods—including two-dimensional methods for watersheds, open channels, and stormwater systems.
We will cover the common challenges and misconceptions of calibration and share insights into best practices to avoid calibration pitfalls.
By participating in this webinar, attendees will:
- Learn common and application-based calibration methods
- Understand common forms of error in source information
- Know the risks in certain calibration methods
- Gain insights into challenges with calibration of cutting-edge model software
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentations may exceed scheduled time. * Each state and certification agency have different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU. * Purchase of this course allows you access to the presentation(s) for 6 months from the order date.