This course covers techniques for monitoring stormwater outfalls pipes, streams, and canals to predict and model annual loads to a waterbody. The monitoring focuses mainly on:
- Stormwater flows
- Base flows
- Groundwater flows
- Evapotranspiration impacts
Join Stormwater University speaker Gordon England of Brevard County, Florida’s Stormwater Program as he discusses techniques gathered from 20 years of outfall investigations.
Monitoring Stormwater Outfalls learning objectives:
- List the main types of monitoring programs
- Describe Stormwater Outfalls testing for pollutant load determination
- Describe the Outfall testing process for TMDL creation or compliance
- Identify the 3 skillsets for successful sampling program
- Data collection
- Data manipulation
- Data summary
- Correctly define Parameter selection
- Determine the Pollutant Mass Balance of gross solids, dissolved pollutants, suspended pollutants
- Determine the Mass Balance of stormwater loads, base flows loads, evapotranspiration loads, groundwater loads to predict annual pollutant loads
- Describe Sampling protocols
- Visualize the Equipment setup
- Identify common Sampling challenges
- Derive Lessons learned from a project
We offer additional savings if you register as a group. For group pricing information, contact us at email@example.com.
* Each state and certification agency have different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 0.1 CEU = 1 PDH.