Wetlands are an important natural component of our Green Infrastructure.
Join Stormwater University as speaker Tom Dombrowski (Environmental Engineer at Prince William County, VA) discusses what wetlands are, the different types, and why they are protected (Clean Water Act Section 404) due to the important functions and values they provide us.
This session will provide an overview of the identification/delineation and Federal/State jurisdictional determination processes. If considered to be jurisdictional wetlands and waters, they are protected at a Federal or State level.
This presentation will also provide important general information on how to conduct an office evaluation of a property for the presence of wetlands prior to a purchase. Any impact to these jurisdictional areas will require a permit.
- Understand what a wetland is and its three characteristics
- Define the types of wetlands and their important functions and values
- Receive office tools to determine if a property may have a wetland
- Examine concepts of wetland delineations
- Learn what jurisdictional wetlands and waters of the United States are
- Know if a wetland permit is required
Get the whole team trained!
We offer additional savings if you register as a group. For group pricing information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Each state and certification agency have different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 0.1 CEU = 1 PDH.
* Purchase of this course allows you access for 6 months from the order date.