Lesson 1, Topic 1
Which regulations are relevant to passive systems?
- The U.S. Clean Water Act (CWA) may apply if passive structures constructed within boundaries of gully, washes or other drainage features.
- Local Regulations related to landscaping, erosion, curb cuts, etc.
- State & Local Regulations may require how much rainfall must be held on site to reduce and manage flow of stormwater that leaves site.
- State & local regulations may impose limitations on passive structure depth, types of structures, infiltration rates—intended to avoid excessive ponding, address safety hazards to people, avoid mosquito breeding, or other hazards.
- Standard 78, as it applies to stormwater.